Day in the city sans the fanny pack

One thing I love doing is taking my kids into the city. My husband and I love cities, the vibrancy, the exploration, the diversity. We pretend we are tourists and do nothing but walk around aimlessly and wander this beautiful city of Boston we call home. This trip we trekked four miles with the kids in tow and I promise one does not need a fanny pack and ugly sneakers to do it right.


Yes, I wore sneakers, but not ugly ones. I love Vans, own too many of them, but find them to be one of the most versatile sneakerish shoe out there, next to the classic Converse All Stars. However, I picked these shiny ones up on super clearance at J.Crew (I think I ended up paying $20). A side note to fellow teachers, JCrew gives a teacher discount. It's not much, but it still helps. The skirt was also on clearance from Gap and is seriously one of the most comfortable things I own. It is like wearing a sweatshirt for a skirt. Amazingly comfortable with a fun flirty flounce. Yellow shirt I snagged in the kids department years ago at the Gap for 1.97. 
So, ditch the fanny pack, the ugly sneakers and explore!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Big Magic Moment 

A Gift in the Gym Locker Room

Time Does Not Always Heal