Summer Staples: Guacamole and Salsa

 Summer, to me, is defined by a cold adult beverage, warm breeze, a bag of chips, a bowl of guacamole and a bowl of salsa. I've been asked many times for these recipes so here goes:
3 avocados
1/4 c chopped onion
Half of a lime, juiced
Tomato chopped
1/4 c chopped cilantro
Pinch of chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh jalapeño (add as much as you'd like)

Cut open avocados, remove pit, and scoop avocado into bowl. Mash up until it is a creamy consistency and add all other ingredients. Couldn't be easier.


For my salsa, I use a food processor, as I like the consistency for dipping or spreading on eggs, etc.

3 tomatoes
1/4 c onions, I prefer red onion
1/4 c chopped cilantro
half of a lime, juiced
salt and pepper to taste
chopped jalapeno (as much as you prefer)

Chop tomatoes into quarters and add all ingredients into the food processor. That's it, my friends, you're done. Grab a beer or a margarita and enjoy. Salud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Big Magic Moment 

A Gift in the Gym Locker Room

Time Does Not Always Heal