Pantry Cupcakes

My kids have become huge fans of Cupcake Wars. They asked almost daily to make some creative cupcakes but the summer heat is not a time I like to bake. However, September is slowly seeping in and their wonderful father bought 2 boxes of mix at the store. Now, I know cupcakes are better made from scratch but I've learned if I have their hands helping me, the less steps the better. It's not as "healthy" but it saves my sanity. 
We had 2 bananas that were over ripe and a tiny bit of peanut butter cereal in the pantry. I hate throwing away food so if I can find a way to use it in a new way, I get a bit excited. I threw the cereal in the food processor to make a crumble and now we had Cupcake War worthy cupcakes! So easy. Mixed in the bananas to the mix and put the crumble on the chocolate frosting. So easily delicious. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Big Magic Moment 

A Gift in the Gym Locker Room

Time Does Not Always Heal