Holiday Party Favorites

That season is upon us friends of holiday shindigs! Let's be honest, this is an expensive time of year. I'd rather spend my money on thoughtful gifts than an outfit I'll never, ever wear again. I love consignment and thrift stores to find my holiday attire. Fun fact: my junior prom dress, a midnight blue sequin number even came from a thrift store! 
This skirt hits the ground with a beautiful pleat. I love this number. Skirt, vintage $8, cashmere bow sweater $10, and Kate Spade shoes $4. 
For a less formal, flirty look, swap out the plaid for sequins. Skirt, $5.
More sequins here. JCrew sweater, $10, JCrew wool plaid pants, $2, and sparkly gold shoes $20. 
This one is this years find. Every year, the mister and I head to Chicago for his company holiday party. I saw this dress at my local thrift store, tried it on, and could not resist. It was shortly after I watched "Age of Adaline", which has amazing styling, and I just new this was my number for the Windy City. Granted it was in July, but I loved this dress and it cost me a whopping $4. The purse was $1, shoes $20, and jewelry is part of my grandmother's costume collection. 

Bottom line: head out and treasure hunt in your local consignment and thrift stores, you never know the sparkly, holiday magic hiding there! If you need help, reach out to me, I'm happy to lend a hand in any styling needs. Sassy Scriptor @ gmail
Or, I'm working a few Saturdays at Plum Consignment so stop by and say hello! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Big Magic Moment 

A Gift in the Gym Locker Room

Time Does Not Always Heal