A Few of my Favorite Things, Skin care edition

These are a few of my current favorite things: 

it Cosmetics under eye concealer is AMAZING, I'm not kidding. I've used a concealer that I thought I loved for years, until I tried this one. Worth every single penny and I love that it has an easy applicator and SPF 50. (see here)

Murad Correcting Moisturizer not only smells delicious but is so beneficial for my sensitive Irish skin in the winter. The natural ingredients soothe it and the green helps to manage my rosacea outbreaks. (see here)

No. 7 Protect and Perfect Advanced is always sold out for a reason, it does the job. Within 10 days, I noticed a dramatic difference in my skin. It tightens the skin, corrects dark spots, and protects without being heavy, greasy, or gross. (see here)

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil took me a while to be sold on. I read about it everywhere but could not imagine using oil to clean my face. I have larger pores and feared the oil would drip into them and my teenage acne would be back in full force. However, when the mister and I were walking in Chicago, my skin felt like lizard skin (could have been the extra glasses of champs!) I needed a quick fix fast so while we were shopping in Urban Outfitters, I grabbed a little trial size. Let me tell you, I'm sold. My skin is so soft and I'm amazed how well this oil removes makeup gently and effectively. Seriously, I could go on and on. (see here)

Heritage Store Rose Petals Rosewater is a product I'm slightly addicted to because it smells like a rose garden and is so darn refreshing. I use this as soon as I get out of the shower, for a morning wake up blast, and I spritz a little over my makeup to add a bit of dew to my face. It's so cheap, 4 oz for $5 at Whole Foods.

After my short heart scare, I made a promise I'd start taking better care of myself, inside and out. If it means that I'd shell out a bit more cash than usual, I'm okay with that. I'd rather skimp on my wardrobe budget for the month. If and when you wear makeup, the most important thing is the canvas in which that makeup is going. You could have the most expensive makeup they make, but if you're skin is unhealthy, it will make no difference. The makeup will not sit right, blend right, or look right. I'm a huge fan of the French belief in makeup application: wear makeup but only to the point it doesn't look like you're wearing makeup. Drink a ton of water, alcohol in moderation, make time for yourself, and wear red lipstick. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Big Magic Moment 

A Gift in the Gym Locker Room

Time Does Not Always Heal