Ditching Foundation

I've been on the hunt for a good foundation for a while, as my favorite Chanel one was discontinued. I hate feeling like I'm wearing makeup, I hate the smell of it, and the chemicals freak me out a bit. (The U.S. allows way more chemicals than any other nation in our cosmetics.) I scoured Sephora and nearly drove the lovely consultant bonkers because I am so picky. He suggested a tinted moisturizer so I took a few samples home (always do this so you can try it for a few days). Some were too light, some not enough sunscreen (I'm a bit of a lunatic when it comes to sunscreen), and some just didn't feel right. However, I did fall in love with one,Strivectin Clinical Corrector Tinted Moisturizer. It's SPF 30, has zero smell and matches my fair skin perfectly. It reflects light in a natural light, feels so light on my skin, and moisturizes during this dry season. I'm one smitten kitten, my friends.


Since ditching the foundation, my sensitive skin has cleared up tremendously and I'm finding I use less products. My daily routine now is limited to Strivectin moisturizer, concealer, Stila eyeliner (the best on the market), eyebrow fill in (mine are basically white), blush, bronzer, mascara, highlighting powder and lipstick. (In this pic, it is Chanel Exalte, a bold pink.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Big Magic Moment 

A Gift in the Gym Locker Room

Time Does Not Always Heal