Bold Colors and Print Mixing

Still waiting on Spring in these parts but my wardrobe is ready! Had some fun mixing colors, bold prints, and patterns. By now, you know, I'm a HUGE fan of color. The brighter, the bolder, the better. Love that trenches are coming back (did they ever leave?!) and dug out my bubble gum pink thrited Ann Taylor trench this Spring. It's pretty dated, shoulder pads are still intact!
For this post, I had an adorable 11 year old photographer and fellow 10 year old fashionista who decided to mix it up in her own way, too. As I was getting ready, my son said, "Are you sure that matches?" My daughter quickly replied, "Mummy can wear anything because she's confident." 
That moved me to tears because I am confident in my style but I disdain getting my picture taken. However, because my daughter believed that I was indeed 100% confident I wanted to prove her right, so we grabbed the camera and headed outside. The scenario is probably not the most ideal for photography, as there is a major construction project underway next door, but I threw caution to the wind and just went for it. We had a blast and I promised we could do more posts like this one together. I've said it a thousand times before, but these kids are my greatest teachers.
Shoes: Banana Republic, Pants: Old Navy (Plum Consigment) Trench: Ann Taylor, thrifted.



on the petit fashionista-boots: Gap, macaroon leggings: Target, skirt: thrifted, Jacket: Patagonia
shirt: Brooks Brothers Lips: Nars, Lodhi







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Big Magic Moment 

A Gift in the Gym Locker Room

Time Does Not Always Heal