DIY Fruit and Nut Bars

I'm all about saving the Benjamins and eating healthy. Eating healthy is not cheap, I think we can all say an emphatic "amen" to that! A few weeks back, I decided to do a Whole 30 cleanse and snacking can be very challenging on that cleanse. (The cleanse has since been modified, as the stomach bug entered my house and ravaged my intestines.) I researched some recipes for homemade fruit and nut bars and decided to try one of my own. Recipe below.

What you need:
Food processor or Powerful Blender (I use a Vitamix)
parchment paper
2.5 cups of dates (pitted)
2 cups of lightly salted cashews
.5 cup of raisins
splash of pure vanilla extract

What you do:
place all ingredients in blender 
when it starts to clump, dump out on parchment paper
roll out with a rolling pin or your hands
cut into squares
place in airtight containers
place in fridge

How easy is that?! So much cheaper than buying the name brand fruit and nut bars. My kids love these and if I'm feeling extra nice, I usually melt some chocolate chips (Whole Foods semi-sweet are my favorite) and drizzle a little on top of the bars for a treat. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Big Magic Moment 

A Gift in the Gym Locker Room

Time Does Not Always Heal