Spring Trend Try: Gold Lamé, Lady love, and a Restaurant Recommendation

Skirt, Marshalls; Chambray, thrifted; gold necklace, thrifted; heels, Marshalls; purse, Charles Jourdan via Plum Consignment
Gold lamé, I know, what year is this, 1982? Hear me out. I saw this mid length gold lamé skirt at Marshalls on clearance for $5. The previous day, while I was reading a magazine, I noticed a trend of lots of lamé on the runways. Not that I'm ever headed for the runway, but I love trying out trends in my own way. So, I shelled out the $5 with zero plans on where I'd actually wear this brassy number. 

Then, the mister went and had a birthday. We had a kid free night, so I busted out the lamé. I can't even tell you how many compliments I got from the ladies that were out and about that night. I loved it. Who knew a little goldy throwback would make me so happy. It's always awesome when fellow ladies tell you you look good because rather than compliment, some choose to tear another femme down when they look good. Let's change that, lady friends. Even if it starts with a $5 lamé skirt. 

On another note, if you're ever in the Cape Ann area of Massachusetts, go eat at Short & Main, it's amazing food and delicious drinks (the Pisco Kid is my fave!) Tell them the chick in the gold lamé sent you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Big Magic Moment 

A Gift in the Gym Locker Room

Time Does Not Always Heal