A Recital, a Semi-Formal, and One Weepy Mum


So, it is now mid-June and I'm just getting around to loading pictures from May. May was a hurricane of activity. We had a play, a recital, and ended it last weekend with my eldest's semi-formal. In the flurry of activity, I'm not sure I ever stopped to take it all in. Thank goodness for photography.
 First up was Pippa's ballet recital. She expressed interest in ballet early this year but I was fearful of loading up her schedule, as she already has soccer four times a week. However, she is relentless. Come to find out, she is a natural in those ballet slippers and I was a hot mess of ugly tears watching her scamper and glide across that stage.

 A very proud Papa.
 Sisters. These two define what it means to be a sister. They are each other's best friend, loudest cheerleader, and honest critic. I'm so grateful they have each other. They are as different as night and day but compliment each other so well. My girls.
 Next up was Bea's semi-formal. Guys, I had to shop in the women's department. We fell in love with this dress because of the color and the details. Dress from H&M, shoes Minnetonka.

 And again, sisterly love.

 Pippa is clearly the only one not distracted by her brother who was trying to photobomb us. 
my dress: target, earrings: H&M

As they say, the days are long, but the years are short. Never have I felt this stronger than this year. I've watched all my kids morph into different versions of themselves, really expanding their horizons on so many levels, and I could not be more proud. I'm not going to ask time to stand still, I'm just going to remind myself to live in the present, drink up each day, and look forward to the next. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Big Magic Moment 

A Gift in the Gym Locker Room

Time Does Not Always Heal