Small Change, Big Difference


A while back, I was frustrated about my children complaining about something or other and felt they needed a little dose of humility. Now, more than ever, I think it is imperative that we all understand our privilege and how that privilege should not shield us from making a difference, but rather, it should drive us to foster change. Even if that change is collected in a small glass jar. 

I dug in the pantry and found this jar and we collectively decided that we would put our pocket change in it every day. For the month of January, we raised $9.50. Yes, it is not a lot. But it is something. At my childrens' school, they are collecting change to donate to the efforts of building a new school in Pakistan. The Grants are happy to contribute their change on Monday. 

These two cuties have birthdays this month and when they were little, I decided each year to donate to a charity that best reflected their passions. This year, we've decided to collect sports gear (mainly soccer and basketball) to send to an orphanage in Costa Rica. This was all their doing, my friends. And, to think, it started with putting pennies in a glass jar many moons ago.
 Be the change, my friends, because it has a ripple effect. One drop of kindness leads to a million others. We need some kindness in this world. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Big Magic Moment 

A Gift in the Gym Locker Room

Time Does Not Always Heal